Welcome to the Large Youth Group!
Our Large Group Middle and High School youth groups meet three times a month.
1st Sunday: Large Youth Group Meeting with Meal 6-8 p.m.
2nd Sunday: Large Youth Group Meeting with Meal 6-8 p.m.
3rd Sunday: Prayer Experience after Mass 6-7 p.m.
What is Youth Group Like?
We aim at introducing teens to Christ, the Catholic Faith, and each other.
- First Two Sundays: Gather & Learn
- Both Middle School and High School Youth Groups gather for a meal in the School Cafeteria at about 6 p.m. (or when Mass gets out) with music, announcements, and some fun games.
- Around 6:30pm we break into separate Groups for a large group lesson: High School (in church Hall) and Middle School (in the Church Commons)
- There is small group discussion led by our Virtus trained volunteers (a mix of young adults and parents)
- Third Sunday: Time with Jesus
- This night doesn't have a meal, instead after Mass we invite teens to gather for about 35-40 minutes of prayer
- Music, Adoration, Worship, Lectio Divina, Rosary, we'll employ a variety of prayer experiences so teens get a chance to spend time talking to God instead of just talking about God.
What if Large Youth Group isn't my thing, but I still want to be connected?
Check out our Parent/Teen At Home Study program, CHOSEN.
Middle School Youth Group is open to 6-8th grade students.
High School Youth Group is open to 9th-12th grade students.
- We get a wide mix of students from both public and private schools, 22 schools were represented last year!
- Come for a week or two to check it out, then register so we can get to know you better and keep track of when you're here!
- Feel free to bring a friend, they are always welcome. They don't have to be Catholic, or even religious to join us. All are welcome.
We use content from a variety of Catholic publishers and resource generators, however, the curriculm is guided by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishop's "Journey to Emmaus" program and the Diocese of Richmond's directives for Youth Ministry.