Promotions at Saint Bridget
Communication is a ministry and one of the vital means through which we accomplish our mission as a Catholic parish. Our aim is to curate engaging content and meaningful messaging that consistently leads the community into a lived experience of the faith and deeper relationships with Christ. To accomplish this, we have operational guidelines below.
How to Submit
Submit text and media to firstname.lastname@example.org
Expect an email response confirming receipt of submission.
- Editorial Review
- Not all submissions or requests will be approved or promoted.
- All promotional copy/media are subject to edit.
- Submissions for the bulletin should arrive at least 10 days before the requested publication date (the Friday before the weekend preceding publication).
For instance: If you want the bulletin for Sunday the 10th, I need your content no later than Friday the 1st.
- Publication in Bulletin
- Promotions will typically run for two weeks. (This aims to keep parishioners engaged with fresh content).
- Where appropriate, promotions may be advertised through a variety of communication channels including, but not limited to: website announcements, email, social media, physical signage, announcements before Mass, video promotions, etc.
- Images/graphics/logos are subject to our editorial discretion and at least one of the graphic's dimensions should meet or exceed 800 pixels in length.
- Bulletin: We prepare our images for a printing resolution of 300dpi (dots per inch)
- Web Sliders: Those are designed in house at dimensions of 1920x1080
- Please submit the highest resolution images available.
- Typical bulletin announcements are 25-50 words with a hard submission limit of 55 words.
- Web announcements can be as long as you want but know that most website visits are less than 90 seconds.
- The most effective communication draws a connection between an event and its value/purpose/meaning in a person's life.
For example: Instead of simply announcing a blood drive, give us a short narrative: tell parishioners how this impacts the lives of others, how the community is close to setting a new collection record, or how this selfless act is a ministry/way to put our faith into action.
- Publishing Contact Information
- While QR Codes are welcome, we have a strong preference to limit the number of email addresses and web addresses that post in our bulletin. If it makes sense to turn your bulletin announcement into an announcement on our website, we would prefer to do that. The bulletin directs readers to the saintbridgetchurch.org website for more information about anything they see in the bulletin.