For the Parishioners of Saint Bridget’s Catholic Church, Wednesday – October 12, 2022
About the Trip
Don’t miss this exciting day tour to Baltimore, Maryland, aboard a comfortable, deluxe motor coach! Guided tours at two Catholic landmarks and lunch in the Inner Harbor area are included! The first stop is the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, also called the Baltimore Basilica. It was the first Roman Catholic cathedral built in the United States and was among the first major religious buildings constructed in the nation after the adoption of the U.S. Constitution. As a co-cathedral, it is one of the seats of the Catholic Archdiocese in Baltimore, Maryland. Additionally, it is a parish church and national shrine.
We will travel to the popular Inner Harbor area for a plated lunch at Phillips Seafood Restaurant. Few family-owned food and restaurant companies have been around for 100 years and achieved the levels of success of Phillips Seafood. From their humble beginnings on the Chesapeake Bay to the opening of their first restaurant in 1956 to their overseas expansion into sourcing high-quality crab meat, the Phillips family has become a powerful force on the global seafood market. Choices include their Jumbo Crab Cake, Fried Seafood Trio, Atlantic Salmon, or Seared Chicken. Lunch includes a cup of their Maryland Vegetable Crab Soup, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage.
The afternoon will be spent at the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen (pictured above). It is the cathedral church of the Primary See, the first archdiocese, in the United States. One of the outstanding religious structures in the United States, the Cathedral is a unique house of worship that attracts hundreds of visitors of all faiths every year. It was designed in the “Modern Gothic” style. While it shares many aspects of traditional Gothic architecture, such as its soaring interior, rich sculptural decoration, and magnificent windows, this style is contemporary in its rectangular shapes, flat ceiling, and mix of Art Deco elements.
- Depart: Saint Bridget’s Catholic Church 7:00 AM
- Return: Saint Bridget’s Catholic Church 7:30 PM
- Total Cost Per Person: $150.00
- Payment due by September 14, 2022
- Please Make the Check Payable to SignaTours and drop it off at the Church office.
Your Fee Includes
- Round-trip Motorcoach Transportation
- Lunch at Phillips Seafood Restaurant with Tax & Gratuity for lunch
- $5.00/person at both landmarks
- Driver Gratuity
- Cancellations made within three (3) business days of departure are “Non-Refundable.” In addition, all payments are subject to any cancellation charges imposed by vendors.
- A minimum of 30 attendees is required for the tour to go. If the minimum is not met, your check will be returned and the pilgrimage canceled.
For Additional Questions Please Contact Kela Campbell @ 770-598-7594
This tour has been organized by Saint Bridget’s Saints & Sinners, but is open to all parishioners.
Click Here to download a flier of this information