Thank you for participating in Chirstmas SHharing! The 2022 program has ended.
Adoptions are now open online! If you don't want to adopt online, call the parish office and we are happy to help you adopt.
If you adopted before November 30th, your adoptions can be found here.
Final drop-off day will be December 10th from 7-10 a.m. on the School Blacktop.
Early drop-off will be available on the School Black Top on December 7, 8, and 9 from 6-7 p.m.
About Christmas Sharing
- Christmas Sharing is aimed at making Christmas a bit brighter for those in need.
- An annual event similar to an Angel Tree, Christmas Sharing is a Saint Bridget ministry that serves over 120 families by providing gifts, gift cards, food, and household supplies.
- This year, Christmas Sharing is being coordinated by the Saint Bridget Social Concerns coordinator, Jean Grumblatt - contact her at email@example.com. Our previous director and our long-time volunteers are still here to help, but with all good ministries, it's important to hand this on.
- We work with Social Agencies and Community Organizers to identify families from low-income areas of Virginia in need of assistance.
New This Year
- We want to support families and empower parents to shop and wrap gifts for their own children. Part of the pro-life mission of the Catholic church is to uplift the dignity of each person - part of that is equipping parents to have more ownership over the gifts their children receive.
- We are asking parishioners to purchase one gift and one gift card for each person they adopt.
- Each Christmas Sharing household will receive a roll of wrapping paper along with their food and household goods so parents can wrap gifts for their children.